UX/UI Design - Because we all know how sexy PGP looks / How easy to use it is.
General User Interface/User Experience Design
- Style Critiques
The Design of Everyday Things
- This book is extraordinary not only in the fact that its a crash course on UI/UX design but also for the fact that almost anyone can read it and understand the principles it talks about.
- Emotional Design
- Don't Make me think
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- Field Guide for Designing Human Interaction With Intelligent Systems - Carroll G. Thronesbery and Jane T. Malin - NASA
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Talks & Presentations
Dark Patterns: fighting user deception worldwide
- A Dark Pattern is a user interface that has been carefully crafted to trick users into doing things, such as buying insurance with their purchase or signing up for recurring bills.
Nielsen Norman Group
- Evidence-Based User Experience Research, Training, and Consulting; check articles and guidelines, ignore other sections
- Dark Patterns: fighting user deception worldwide
- Hiring Boards